CPD, IIRSM & Institute of Hospitality Approved
This course is aimed at managers and staff in all industries who play a role in reducing drug, alcohol and substance misuse in the UK.
The course starts with official statistics to illustrate the scale of drug and alcohol abuse in the UK. You'll learn in detail about commonly used drugs, including cannabis, cocaine, heroin, LSD, ecstasy and some new designer drugs.
Turning to alcohol abuse, the course will show you how to introduce a 4-stage plan to deal with any problems - including how to write an effective Drug and Alcohol Policy. Beyond this the course will explore best business practice in terms of HR, legislation, spotting signs of drug misuse and the implementation of workplace solutions.
The course also explains how the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) can help with effective alcohol and drugs policies and the development of related management skills.
Finally, it looks at current drug treatments and the options for outside support available to individuals and organisations.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the scale of drug and alcohol abuse and recognise the signs of misuse leading to effects on the employee and the workplace.
- Recognise your legal positions and recognise an effective policy will help to address employees with an addiction problem.
- Define best practice in an effective policy to address your company position on drug and alcohol abuse and what help is available.
- Identify the 4 step process in regards to dealing with individuals with alcohol issues.
This course is aimed at managers and staff in all industries who have a critical role to play in reducing drug, alcohol and substance misuse in the UK.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work and personal life.
Other courses that would be useful for candidates taking this one include Conflict Management, and Leadership skills.
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
80 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).